NEW ADDRESS! (after August 15)
Paul Sundberg
308 W. Green St. #D
Urbana, IL 61801
Tel. (cell) 217-714-3574
My biggest task immediately after the dissertation defense has been to find a place to move to, since my present lease ends August 14. It was complicated by my non-traditional situation of only being in town (definitely) till December and needing a shorter-term lease.
Saturday, I arranged with one of our big rental companies in town (as a Big-10 university town, the rental business is pretty major) to visit a few units. The last one, not many blocks from where I am right now, was just about right: a two-story, two-bedroom unit (one for an office) near all the important places for me - the university, downtown Urbana, and Strawberry Fields, a local coffee shop I visit regularly! The final selling point was that the company opens its units for 6- and 9-month leases starting August 2. Perfect, in effect.
I was a bit nervous that someone would come along later Saturday or Sunday and snap up the lease before Monday, but when I got to Ramshaw's office right when it opened this Monday at 8:00 am, the property was still available! So, now I have a place to move to with a lease through the end of December! Meanwhile, you can still write me at the old address until August 15; all mail will be forwarded with no problem after that.
My birthday, this past July 30, was a small affair - George and Therese, a local couple I've known since 1993, invited me July 29 for pizza and wine. Our "movie" was watching Kerry's acceptance speech on TV! Therese's birthday is July 29, so it was a natural combo.
Life after the defense has been a bit underwhelming but pleasant ...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home